Safety & Security
At Plymouth Pavilions we take the security and safety of our visitors very seriously and continually review our security measures in conjunction with Devon and Cornwall police and other agencies. Our site is also monitored via our control room for the safety of all visitors.
We ask all of our attendees to please support and cooperate fully so our team can efficiently carry out these measures to ensure safety and ensure you are in the building in time for your show. We ask that you only bring with you essential items.
Our venue does not operate a cloakroom so please do not bring any large bags, suitcases or bags of shopping, or any items on our prohibited items list as these will not be allowed into the venue.
You are permitted to bring small bags or handbags no larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm, there will be no temporary storage facilities for items which do not meet these specifications within the venue.
The venue will not be responsible for late admission or non-admission as a result of this policy. Special consideration will be made for guests with medical needs and parents caring
for infants. We ask that where possible this is communicated to the venue ahead of your visit.
For further information on what types of bags are permitted, please click here for a picture of our bag policy.
Please take note that any bags left outside the venue unsupervised will be treated as suspicious and the local police will be contacted to dispose of them.
Our security staff are fully trained and here to make sure everyone feels safe and secure, so please cooperate with them fully. Please arrive in good time as security measures are in place, which may include searches.
We reserve the right to search customers at the venue; this is done to ensure the safety of those attending events. Please do not bring anything that is included on our prohibited items list, or that we would not be happy to find.
Please be aware that we use both male and female security staff to conduct searches, if you have a preference as to who you would like to be searched by please let a member of staff know.
If you have any medical issues that we need to be aware of, please contact us beforehand so we can understand your needs.
- Liquid containers including refillable bottles
- Aerosol cans (hairspray, deodorant, mace pepper spray)
- Air horns, whistles or other noise-making distractions
- Alcoholic beverages (not purchased inside the venue)
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm will not be permitted
- Fireworks, confetti, glitter bombs or sprays
- Flammable liquids in any container
- Food and refreshments or refreshment containers
- Glass, cans, reusable drinks bottles, thermoses.
- Glass bottles of perfume
- Glow sticks
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Knives or weapons of any kind
- Large studs and chains
- Laser pens/pointers
- Laptop computers, IPads and Go Pro’s
- Masks (with the exclusion of face coverings for covid19 prevention)
- Projectiles (Frisbees, beach balls, footballs, basketballs)
- Shopping bags
- Signs, banners or flags, staffs or selfie sticks
- Use of wheeled footwear and skateboards
- Anything else which we deem to ruin the enjoyment or viewing experience of others
KEEPING YOU SAFE
Our venue is part of the Ask Angela safety initiative. So if you feel unsafe or uncomfortable, would like to go home or get out of a situation, ask any member of staff or a steward for
“Angela” and we will be able to get you of the situation safely and discreetly.
For more information please head over to ‘Ask for Angela’ Official Website
We always have medical providers during live events and we provide first aid training to members of front-line staff.
We’re working with the local police to help tackle drink spiking and have several measures in place to help staff be spike-aware. These include: recognising suspicious behaviours, recognising the signs of a victim to spiking, medical care, and how to report the crime.
If you feel unwell, or you see somebody who looks unwell, at the venue please report to member of staff or a steward immediately.
For more information please see the met advice on their website here